It is with regret that the organising folk of the annual Liam Pridmore Memorial Ride are announcing that there will be no event for 2018. Unfortunately circumstances dictate a break for this year. Thank you for your sustained support in making previous events a great success.
Maybe you tested your legs on the bike, joined us for the live entertainment and perhaps participated in our raffle? Maybe you won? However you supported us, on or around the event day on September 5th, we’d like to extend one very big THANK YOU. Once again, overwhelming support was received from Prince Energy, The Golden Pheasant and many other local businesses. The sustained and humbling support of the local community is fundamental to the event’s success.
We’re delighted to announce another successful year which sees us raising a grand total of £6,000! The Brain Tumour Charity, Teenage Cancer Trust and Cardiac Risk in the Young are this year’s nominated charities. Please SAVE THE DATE for next year’s event! Saturday September 3rd, 2016. See you there!
We’re almost there! If you haven’t had a chance to pre-register online already, the system remains open until 1800hrs on Friday. Pre-registered riders can use Fast Track sign-in on Saturday. We strongly encourage you to use this system – it only helps us raise more. More details here.
How about the WEATHER? Most importantly it’s set to be a DRY day! Temperatures are expected to be around 15 degrees, so consider a light jacket.
Caught out by our sign-saboteurs on the 60 mile route last year? We’re taking several extra measures to ensure these lovely folk don’t get the better of us again! However, please prepare for the unexpected. If you have a Garmin, we strongly recommend you download the route. For those without, please ensure you familiarise yourself and also take a route card when you sign-in on Saturday morning.
The Golden Pheasant will be cooking up delicious breakfast butties from 0930 on Saturday – why not indulge if you feel you need the extra sustenance?!
Don’t forget a summary of Key Information can be found here.
See you on Saturday!
The prize pool for the event raffle is looking excellent! Tickets are available to purchase from Gary Pridmrore, Gary Reid, James Manning, Gary Mullaney, Matt Holman, Mark Gorman and Robin Pithey. For only a pound each, get yours ASAP to stand a chance at winning the following:
- 40” Smart TV
- iPod Touch
- Mountain Bike
- Many Cash Prizes
- Meals out at the Golden Pheasant, Ruddy Duck, Blue Bell Glinton and the Packhorse
- Selection of fine wines
- …and many more to follow as we run up to the event
Don’t know one of the people above? Please call or SMS Matt on 07989 559257. He’d be happy to organise your tickets. Otherwise, we’ll also have them available on the day.
Winners drawn at random at the Golden Pheasant, 1930, September 5th!
- Sign-on / Registration will be open from 0930.
- Riders of any route can start anytime between 1000 and 1200.
- Pre-registered riders still need to quickly sign-on via the Fast Track queue.
- On the day registrants need to join the adjacent queue and fill in a short form; cash payment only at this stage.
- Helmets are a mandatory requirement due to insurance reasons.
- All routes will be fully waymarked and marshals will be present in key areas.
- Each rider will receive a route card on the day and for GPS users you can also download the files to your device. See Routes page.
- Route cards will also contain emergency contact details.
- Please plan to be self-sufficient for common eventualities; punctures etc.
- Feed station at a quarter and three quarters of the way on the 60 mile route will be free-of-charge / included in your entry fee. But please note, the Windmill Café at the halfway point will not be subsidised – you’ll need cash.
Don’t forget to stay around and join us at The Golden Pheasant after the ride: BBQ, live music and the raffle to look forward to. P.S. The raffle prize pool is looking very attractive indeed, more details to follow ASAP!
For any further questions please feel free to contact us.
If so, please share them with us! We’d be very grateful indeed of any photos you have from 2014’s event. Please email them to email@example.com. Thank you!
Almost doubling the previous year’s total, this year’s event and associated activity has currently raised a Grand Total of £5,632.41! We look forward to passing the funds onto the incredibly worthy charities within the next few days.
Thank you once again to all that helped made this happen! Roll on next year!
All of us involved with the Liam Memorial Ride would like to say a huge thank you to everyone who participated to help make the day a fantastic success!
We’re in the process of reconciling the financials, but once we’re clear on how much was raised we’ll post an update.
We’ve already got ideas on how we can further improve for next year, and we would welcome your feedback. Please drop us a note through the Contact page with your thoughts.
The weather looks pretty dry and everything is good to go for the event. See you later this morning!
Just to be sure you’re aware, we have to adopt a “helmets are mandatory” policy for the event. This is to ensure we ahere with the insurance requirements. On the same note, TT / Tri or Aero bars are not allowed. If you have them on, please remove them for tomorrow.